Everyone Has A Story. Who Will Tell Yours?
Your Story. Brilliant.
Let me tell you a story…
About 12 years ago my sister introduced me to scrapbooking. It was love at first sight for a family historian like me. I was the one who:
- Made everyone line up for a photo at family reunions
- Kept a diary from the age of 10
- Dutifully put my photos into one of those sticky albums—the kind we got rid of when we learned the truth about archival quality albums
From the moment I heard about scrapbooking and saw how cool it looked, I was hooked. I began to scrapbook in earnest, and I made plans to create albums about my family. I figured I’d make one about my childhood, one about my husband Charlie, and one for each of our parents and children.
However, life got in the way. I was so busy that I kept putting it off.
Ten years ago, my father passed away rather suddenly, though I had plenty of warning that he was declining in health. I couldn’t remember all the details of the stories he had told us about his childhood, and there were gaps in my knowledge that I would not be able to fill easily, even with my mother helping out.
Lesson Learned — Right? Wrong!
I should have learned my lesson, but no, I let too much time go by again, and there came a point when my husband’s dear parents were unable to remember their family history, and now they are both gone as well.
I tell you this story to illustrate several profound truths:
- It’s easy to put off doing something — even when you know it’s important — until it’s too late.
- Telling someone’s life story takes a lot more thought than creating a page or two about a current event.
- It’s much more difficult to tell someone’s story after they’re gone than while they are still alive.
- Your own story is just as important, and if you don’t tell it, it may be lost forever.
No One Can Tell Your Story Better Than You
Everyone has a unique and wonderful story to tell, including you and me. But our stories are more than a timeline of events. Future generations will want to know:
- Your personality and quirky habits
- Events that shaped your life and why
- What you think is important, and much more!
Who is the best person to tell your story? YOU, of course!
Join Me For A Year Of Storytelling
In 2012 I finally decided I was done procrastinating. I led scores of other scrapbookers in scrapping their stories, and at the same time I scrapped my own. Words cannot express how good it feels and how much fun it was to finish those pages! This year I invite YOU to join me.
I know you’re busy. I am too.
That’s why we’re going to take an entire year and tackle one aspect of our lives each month. It’s the proverbial “eating an elephant one bite at a time” idea. By the end of the year, you’ll have an album you can be proud of — an album you can pass down to future generations that will tell your story as only you can tell it.
If you’ve already told your own story, you could take the year and focus on the story of someone you love. Now that my book is done, that’s what I plan to do in 2013.
Your Story. Brilliant.
That’s the name of my new class, because I truly believe I can help you tell your story in a way that even YOU think is brilliant! Here’s what to expect:
- Once a month in this year-long class, we’ll focus on creating a two-page spread about a particular topic or era of your life.
- You’ll get ideas, examples, and encouragement to create YOUR pages.
- You’ll be able to ask questions in our private class forum.
- You can post your pages in our class gallery and get inspiration from other people’s pages.
- I’ll be giving additional ideas for those of you who have the time and motivation to do more than one spread, but the goal is to create ONE spread each month. That’s two pages a month. Do you think you can carve out the time to do that? I’ll even give you a posting bonus if you get your double spread done each month!
- You’ll also get an amazing over-sized kit to help you scrap the perfect album:
Scrap It Now Templates
This class also comes with a full set of Scrap It Now templates. The Scrap It Now template system slashes the time it takes to create a scrapbook page at least in half, and probably more. You can learn more about the templates here!
The Scrap It Now templates include 10 layered PSD grayscale background templates and 150 layered PSD grayscale photo cluster templates – in both 12×12 and 8.5×11 sizes – valued at $47 EACH. Using the background templates and photo cluster templates together, you can create over 1000 different pages! It also includes the complete Made 4 You – Your Story clusters and background papers in both sizes, valued at $14.97.
Who Should Take This Class?
Is this class right for you? If you see yourself in any of the following scenarios, then this class would definitely be right for you:
- You have NOT yet made an album about yourself.
- You want to make an album about someone you love (mother, father, child, special friend).
- You would enjoy spending a year with me on a special project.
What Age Should I Be to Write My Story?
Some people think that writing your life story should happen when you’re “older” and have lived your full life. I disagree. I believe it’s important to write about your life NOW since there are no guarantees for tomorrow.
And if you’re approaching your golden years, it’s even more important for you to tell your story. But old or young, it doesn’t matter. You have a story to tell, and your perspective at this time of life is just as valid as it would be 20 years from now!
Hear What My Students Have to Say About the Class
If you’re on the fence about whether or not you should take this class, listen to this short (approx. 9 minute) video where my students tell why they joined the class and what they got out of it:
Sign Up Now!
The cost of this class is just $97 for an entire year of working with me on this exciting project. Don’t procrastinate another year. Let 2013 be YOUR year to tell the most important story of all—YOURS!
(If you’re a Premier member, you can also apply your 10% member discount.)
Here’s My Guarantee
I believe so strongly that you’ll love this class and become a better scrapbooker that I’m offering a 30 day, no-questions-asked, money-back-guarantee.
If you’re not completely satisfied, just ask, and we’ll refund you. That’s how easy it is!
Still Have Questions About This Class?
Here’s a list of answers to some common questions I’ve received about this class.
Make 2013 Your Best Year Ever
I would love to have you join me this year! Let’s tell our story together.
Love and scrapbooking success,
P.S. Here’s what one of my students, Sue Francis, wrote in the 2012 Your Story class forum:
When I started in January, I had never made a page before. So far, I have made over 40 pages for my book about my mother – I’m not finished yet, but what I have achieved seems amazing when I think of where I was when I started. Thank you so much for your ideas, techniques and inspiration.
P.P.S. Watch this video to hear a heartwarming story from one of our previous Your Story. Brilliant. class members: