Digital Scrapper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Default

So happy to see these instructions. Read about the technique on a different page, but couldn't figure it out. Really eye-catching.

Thanks
    Tennie

Default My Creation

Quote Originally Posted by SharLamb View Post
    Where can we see your creation?

I just love this technique, obviously.

Shar
    I will post it in My Gallery soon; just haven't had time to do it yet. But thanks for asking to see it!
    Linda H-T
    PC Win7
    PSE 6, 9 & 12
    Laptop: Win7
    Internet Explorer 11
    Classes:
    Let's Scrap (Nov '10); Easy Page Design (Feb. '12)
    Little Known Secrets Using PSE Tools (Mini Class) ; Digi Cards 101;

Art of Blending (Full Class); Click Artistry - Photo Art Blends

Default My LO using Word-Cut-from-Photo

Here's mine:

http://www.scrappersguide.com/forums...00&ppuser=6535

I think I did this right, I hope!
    Linda H-T
    PC Win7
    PSE 6, 9 & 12
    Laptop: Win7
    Internet Explorer 11
    Classes:
    Let's Scrap (Nov '10); Easy Page Design (Feb. '12)
    Little Known Secrets Using PSE Tools (Mini Class) ; Digi Cards 101;

Art of Blending (Full Class); Click Artistry - Photo Art Blends

Ohhhhh. Sweet Christmas. Very nice tribute. Well done. (Love the Sheltie layout too....adore Shelties.)
    Shar

5. Default

Here's my first try at it
    Apples
    Was fun & easy to do

Dear Shar,

I loved your design, it was so great. I thought I would try it myself. Well that's the problem. HELP! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. But here goes.
    Step 1 and 2 got that fine. But question: I placed the text on top of photo at bottom left was that correct? Step 3. did that correct. Step 4. When I dragged a rectangle I just got "marching ants" around photo, no color. Step 5 I had 3 layers in the layers palette. The text layer, the photo layer and last was called background layer. when I merged down, the text with the photo layer it became the background layer. So now that left me with only 2 layers in the layers palette. Step 6. I didn't know if I should drag the photo from the bin or the layer palette. I tried both ways nothing worked.
    Step 7. I saw that little circle, clicked it but nothing happened. I saw no change. I am definitely technical challenged! Thanks for any help. Rochellep

7. Default

I think this is for Elements and I don't know anything about that program but reading through the directions it seems like step#4 should be on it's own layer.

Red face Word Cut-out of a Photo

Dear Jodys,

Thanks for advise I keep trying but I just gave up. I will give this technique another try. (I am using PSE 5, just like Shar used)

Rochellep

9. Default

Be sure you are using the rectangle tool & not the rectangle marque tool

Rochellep:

I just walked in the door after being on a cruise for a week. As you might guess, there is a lot to do and a ton of email to catch up on as well as many other cyber "chores."

Give me a day or two, and I will go back over your note and see if I can help you if someone else hasn't jumped in to rescue you in the meantime!

Shar