Digital Scrapper

1. Default Canvas Extension Color

My question has to do w/setting a color for the 'Canvas Extension Color' box. My box says 'background' and there's no color in the little box to the right. If I click on that box, it doesn't change nor can I get a color to pop up in the little box. Is there a setting that's preventing this to change - or am I totally off track? Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm using PSE 7 and fairly new at this.

Hi ...

The default setting is the background colour (the background one of the two little colour chips at the bottom of the tool bar)

there are several things you can do ... if you click on the little square next to the word background then a ox should comeup giving you the option to change the colour.

Or click on Other ... and the colour picker should pop up at that stage.

Just see if that works OK for you

Wendy
    Computer: Mainly Macs with OSX
    Browser: Camino, Firefox & Safari
    Photoshop & Elements: CS5 Design Suite, CS3 & Most Versions of Elements.

My Gallery here
    Wendy's World at PET
    Check out My Blog

3. Default

Wendy,
    Thanks for your reply. I tried again to hit the down arrow beside where it says 'background' and nothing happens and also the little square does nothing when I click on it. Where do I click on Other for the color picker to pop up? I've tried L & R clicking all around the 'background' and the little chip. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks -

Sounds like corrupted preferences to me. But, what type of file are you editing?

To reset your preferences:
    Save your work and quit the editor. Press and hold ctrl-alt-shift as you start the editor. You will get a dialog asking if you want to delete the settings file. You do. Then see if it works.

-Trish
    -Trish

PSE 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 and CS5, CS6 on Vista and Windows 7; IMatch for Organizing Photos
    Nikon D50 (dSLR), Nikon 560 (point and shoot)
    My Gallery

Hi ...

I'm using PSE6 on a Mac so this maybe a little different ...

You have done Image>Resize>Canvas Size ...

and you should see at the bottom of the box:

Canvas extension colour Background then a little coloured box

Click on the word Background and you will get more options ... Foreground, Background, White, Black, Gray and Other.

Click on the word Other ...

Wendy

My Gallery here
    Wendy's World at PET
    Check out My Blog

6. Default

Sorry, this still isn't working. I have already done everything Wendy mentioned, but when I click on 'background' nothing happens - it still says 'background'! So I tried what trouse suggested and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but still nothing is happening. I'm using PSE 7 in Windows XP. What I'm trying to do is blend 2 pictures together w/blending between them. I think it's called 'Fading In'. My work is saved, but not sure exactly what you mean w/'quit the editor'. Am I supposed to still be in PSE 7, but not have my project up? I did do that, but never got a dialog box asking if I want to delete the settings file. So, obviously I'm not catching on to this!! Thanks so much for being so patient w/me!

Hi ...

Just close down Elements and then you need to reopen it in the Editor (not in the Organiser)

while you are doing that you need to press and hold down the ctrl-alt-shift keys ... keep on holding them down until the box pops up. You do have to be quick holding down those keys ... so if you are having problems then hold then down with open hand and use the mouse in the other hand to open up Elements

Wendy

My Gallery here
    Wendy's World at PET
    Check out My Blog