Digital Scrapper

Default Saving a Creative Memories StoryBook file

Hi. Its been awhile since I've been here. This is really not an Adobe Photoshop Elements problem, but I don't know where else to turn.

A CM consultant sold me StoryBook Plus 3.0 software. When I asked if I could save files to other programs/files outside the software, she said yes. So I bought it. I now cannot save any pages outside StoryBook. I don't think she lied to me because she is a very nice person. Does anyone know how I can save the pages I make to other files? CM wants the software users to print all their stuff in their shop. And its really expensive. Right now I can't extract the files to a CD even. I'm so upset. The woman who sold the software to me isn't available for awhile.

I gave up on Adobe Photoshop Elements. Way over my head. And any manuals are greek to me. So I needed a program that does it for me.

Thanks for any help you can offer. Verleen

Storybook is a very good program, just limited. Hopefully, you will be able to use PSE after awhile, especially if you would get Linda's turorials.
    Anyway, save your pages as jpegs, that way you can have them printed anywhere.
    Alberta
    My Gallery
    PSE9, PSE10 and PSE11
    Lightroom 3.4
    Windows PC and Toshiba Satellite laptop
    Windows 7
    Internet Explorer
    Nikon P100 coolpix
    Nikon D3100
    Kindle Fire HD and Google Nexus 7

"He who has learned to seek nothing but the will of God, shall always find what he seeks." Madame Guyon

Alberta, I have Linda's tutorials. Waayyy beyond my comprehension. I have lots of books on Elements too. I watch the tutorials and read the books and say, "What?" I don't even understand the explanation, let alone what its trying to explain. The layer stuff is way beyond my comprehension. I get a headache and frustrated. I put it all away long ago for survival. Sure, I would love to be able to do scrapbooking on Elements. Its just beyond my capabilities. I love to be creative. I paint in oils or pastels. For that, I don't have to overcome my technology limitations.....lol. I am in awe of the people at this forum. But I don't come here very often because I just don't understand why you all are saying.....lol.

I have solved my problem with StoryBook via a phone call to a techie at CM. Yay! It was so simple and yet it presented me with problems.

I use Elements 2.0 because I can do some things with it. I bought 5.0 when it came out and got extremely frustrated. Absolutely hated its file structure. I removed it from my computer. It joined the museum of unused software I have here. Got to remember to dust it off soon.

On a more positive note, I recently learned how to make the background transparent and save an item as a png file. I'm so proud I did that and created some embellishments for myself.

Thanks for the reply Alberta. Have a great day. Verleen

Verleen ...

Layers really are not difficult ... imaging a pile of papers stacked one on top of the other on your desk and that is layers.

If a layer is solid then you can't see anything that is below it
    If a layer has a solid item (like a brad) with transparency all around it (like a png file is in a scrapbooking kit) ... then you can see the brad plus the layers below too.

So layer 1 is a paper (you can see only the paper)
    Add a photo (layer 2) (you can see the photo and the paper where it isn't covered by the photo)

... and that is all there is to layers.

A while back I did a simple tutorial showing the basics of layers if you want it then pm me and I will send it to you.

Wendy
    Last edited by Wendy; 11-13-2009 at 10:46 AM.
    Computer: Mainly Macs with OSX
    Browser: Camino, Firefox & Safari
    Photoshop & Elements: CS5 Design Suite, CS3 & Most Versions of Elements.

My Gallery here
    Wendy's World at PET
    Check out My Blog

Thanks Wendy for explaining layers to Verleen in such a simple way.

Verleen, Storybook uses layers as well. If you look over on the side when you are adding your papers and elements you will see them each on their seperate layer as well.

I understand your frustration with the file structure of elements if you are talking about the organizer. I have had trouble with it myself. When I first started in PSE5 I got an error message right away about the Organizer so I don't use it at all. I keep all my files, pages, kits, etc. in my Explorer on External Hard Drives. I know a lot of people who don't use the organizer. It seems to be what has the bugs in it in all the versions. I hear a lot of fussing about it in the Photoshopelements users forums. So there is a mixed group on that.
    Alberta
    My Gallery
    PSE9, PSE10 and PSE11
    Lightroom 3.4
    Windows 7
    Internet Explorer
    Nikon P100 coolpix
    Nikon D3100

"He who has learned to seek nothing but the will of God, shall always find what he seeks." Madame Guyon

Hi ...

I just posted the tutorial The Basics of Layers on the forum. Its just a simple walk through to show what layers are and how they work

Wendy

My Gallery here
    Wendy's World at PET
    Check out My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
    Hi ...

I just posted the tutorial The Basics of Layers on the forum. Its just a simple walk through to show what layers are and how they work

Wendy
    You are such a wonderful person. I can't begin to tell you how many times reading your posts has helped me with just the thing I needed at the time. This tutorial is so well written and should help Verleen as well as others who just don't quite get it as far as layers go. I know I struggled until I realized it would be just like making a regular scrapbook page. Start with the paper, add the photo, some elements, flowers, brads, text etc. That helped me. And I never even did paper scrapping. Just the thought of all that mess, kept me away. I was so excited when I found digi scrapping.

Anyway, kudos to you Wendy, you are a blessing.
    Alberta
    My Gallery
    PSE9, PSE10 and PSE11
    Lightroom 3.4
    Windows 7
    Internet Explorer
    Nikon P100 coolpix
    Nikon D3100

Thanks Wendy. I've printed it out. I do understand layers. CM makes it easy. PSE is a complicated program that I have trouble navigating to find the right commands in the right sequence, etc. Perhaps when I'm ready, Wendy's tutorial will get me past the problem. I need a program that leads me clearly from point A, to point B, then on to point C, etc. If I have to figure out a set of actions at each point, I'm a goner.

Yes, I was talking about the file organizer. I hated it. I love my PSE 2.0 file organization and use it all the time.

Oh Alberta ...

... you are making me blush

I do appreciate your kind words

Wendy

My Gallery here
    Wendy's World at PET
    Check out My Blog

Hi Verleen ...

Just take it slow and easy and you will find that before too long it will all fall into place

Wendy

My Gallery here
    Wendy's World at PET
    Check out My Blog