Digital Scrapper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Okay, Brenda, I will try this again. When I tried it (I thought!!) that way before, for some reason I could not manipulate more than one letter at a time. May have to wait until this afternoon or evening to get to it, but I will print out your comments above. Thanks!
    Shar
    Canon Rebel xsi, Canon SX280HS (p&S), and iPhone
    CS5
    PSE 9
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Windows 7 on a PC
    Browser: Firefox

Brenda, and all. I tried it again, this time with a transparent background, and it worked like a charm. I did a whole alphabet in less than a half hour, including writing it out step by step as I went. I think the transparent background must have made the difference for me. I don't know. The only disadvantage with not having each letter on its own layer, is that you can't just drag the letters onto your new document. You have to select each one with the lasso tool, copy/paste. Not a hardship given how quickly making the set went. I will go back to my previous posting and edit it to reflect this simpler method. Thank you!!!
    Shar
    Canon Rebel xsi, Canon SX280HS (p&S), and iPhone
    CS5
    PSE 9
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Windows 7 on a PC
    Browser: Firefox

Now we are on the same page!! Consider making a brush set Shar... then you don't have the lasso tool problem. I'm REALLY glad you enjoyed the outline. Thanks for all the input. B

Thank you for the great tutorial. Your font looks great. I just got a new computer and was gone the past couple of days. Spent a litte time setting up today and hope to try it real soon. Love seeing new ideas for fonts. Thanks again.
    Doris
    CS6, CC, PSE 12, Nikon D90
    Windows 7 (64bit), Laptop Windows 8 (64bit), Internet Explorer

Gallery

This is too cool! My hand doodling lacks but this rocks! Brenda, i could understand your ok. But then I tend to skim fast and start playing. Thanks a bunch!
    -Roxi
    My Gallery My Blog My Flickr
    MacBookPro, PSCS6, Lightroom4

Quote Originally Posted by Fox57 View Post
    Now we are on the same page!! Consider making a brush set Shar... then you don't have the lasso tool problem. I'm REALLY glad you enjoyed the outline. Thanks for all the input. B
    Thank-you for this. I have made the full alphabet - upper and lower case. Very clever.

When you say to make a brush set, do you have to do it separately for each letter? Still new at this and not quite got my head around it.

My Gallery

PSE 11
    MAC OS X Version 10.8.2
    Safari
    iphoto

Quote Originally Posted by dimorr View Post
    Thank-you for this. I have made the full alphabet - upper and lower case. Very clever.

When you say to make a brush set, do you have to do it separately for each letter? Still new at this and not quite got my head around it.
    If you have all of your brushes on one page and want to turn them into a set you would need to lasso/select each one of them then do an EDIT> DEFINE BRUSH for each one of them. Assume you've probably got them on a transparent background. Because whatever you select will be a part of the brush.

When you get all of them defined, then you would go to EDIT>PRESET MANAGER>BRUSHES. At that point, you'll see the brushes you just made and a bunch of them that were loaded from before. Click on all of the ones you just made. If they are all in order, just click on the first one, hit shift and click on the last one. Then click on SAVE SET and name them. For the ones I make, I always name them starting with my initial so, I know I made them.

Trust if anyone else has some tips they will chime in. Have fun.
    Doris

Gallery

What a great tut!! I just finished my attempt which is here:

http://www.scrappersguide.com/forums...6&ppuser=13412

I chose the word Colorado because of my sister's project that I am working on.

I chose a gradient background just to break it up a bit.

On the top word, I just filled in each letter with a different color using the paint bucket tool.

For the second Colorado, I superimposed a picture over the doodle outlines to see what that would do.

On the third layer, I superimposed a gradient to make the rainbow colors.

For the fourth layer, I used a picture of Fisher's Peak in Colorado, cut out a small section, then moved the letters over that and applied a gold layer style.

Thanks bunches Fox 57, and also to Shar for the translation! I'll be saving this one for future reference, have to add this one to my sister's picture book! Woo Hoo!!

LM
    - Michael (Little Mickey)

Canon EOS Rebel Xsi
    PSE8
    Windows 7

Great job Little Mickey. They turned out perfect!!!

Oh no, Shar's rubbed off on you too? Woo hoo! Am sure she'll get a kick out of that when she sees it.
    Doris

Gallery

10. Default

LOVE this idea!! Thanks for the tutorial!!
    Rose Ann
    PSE9, CS4, Canon Elph, PC, Win7, 64bit, IE8