Digital Scrapper

Default CS5 multiple page pdf question

Has anyone played with the CS5 pdf function yet? In CS3, you could go to File>Automate>PDF and effortlessly make a multiple page pdf. In CS5, it appears that same path is no longer there. It appears under Edit, there is an Adobe PDF preset - but it must not work the same way. When I click on load...well, it doesn't load psd's or jpgs, but it's looking for presets...

I dinked a little with Bridge and the Output function, but what I'm coming up with is not what I want. (3 individual 8.5 x11 sheets-saved in the same pdf)

I'm in a pinch right now, and as I haven't uninstalled CS3, I'm just going to use it, but looks like I have to figure it out in CS5.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

-----------------

Had a little time and played with it more in Bridge and got it to work. So please disregard! ~
    Last edited by dmrdm; 05-26-2010 at 09:33 AM.
    Doris
    CC 2014, PSE 13, Nikon D90
    Windows 7 (64bit), Laptop Windows 8 (64bit), Internet Explorer

Gallery

Doris,
    Could you share how you got it to work? I've wanted to put together multi-page PDF's in CS4 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it.
    Thanks,
    -Kelly
    PS CC, Lightroom 5, Illustrator CS6, Bridge CC
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Firefox
    Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Persnikety Prints or Epson R1800 Printer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet

My Gallery

I'm not familar with CS4, so don't know if it is like CS3, or CS5. In 5, I opened up Bridge, I selected my 3 pages in the content pane, went to the OUTPUT pane and entered in the following as shown in the screen shot. I then clicked on SAVE at the end of bottom of the pane. The files I selected were 3 psd files that were 8.5 x 11 and I wanted them to look the same in the pdf file.

[IMG][/IMG]

If 4 isn't like 5, let me know and I send you what I did in CS3. If you can't read the screenshot, just click on it and it will take you to the host where it is nice and clear.
    Last edited by dmrdm; 05-28-2010 at 07:46 AM.
    Doris

Gallery

Thanks Doris! Worked perfectly in CS4. I didn't know there was an Output Pane! I wonder what other hidden gems there are in this massive program!?!? This will make creating family newsletters so much easier!
    Thanks again!
    -Kelly
    PS CC, Lightroom 5, Illustrator CS6, Bridge CC
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Firefox
    Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Persnikety Prints or Epson R1800 Printer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet

My Gallery

Hi Kelly! So glad it worked out for you.

You're right, am sure there are all kinds of hidden gems out there.

Enjoy~
    Doris

Gallery

6. Default

This is a cool trick I didn't know about, but when I did it, it severely diminished the quality. Which is odd considering it was pretty much just text.

Am I doing something wrong?

Don't know what you have set for QUALITY in the Document section of the output panel, but you might want to max it out.

Don't know what size your pdf doc is vs size of your LO's and the DPI. That could have something to do with it also.

I hadn't played with this for a very long time, but I just placed 3, 300 dpi, 5 x 7 jpgs into a 8.5 x 11 pdf sized doc and my text looked fine.

You might want to check out the HELP section in Bridge, google or check out Adobe's forum if no one else comes along with suggestions. It's not a feature I use very often, but I know a lot of people do.
    Doris

Gallery