Digital Scrapper

Default Photo book printing

Hi, sorry if this has been covered before but I can't find an answer to this specific question.
    I want to try making a photobook in Shutterfly, to compare with the Artscow one which is the only one I've done so far. In Artscow I had to add a quarter inch black border round each layout to fill the 'bleed' area. In Linda's videos on Shutterfly she doesn't mention having to do this.
    Some of my layouts have pretty edges or stroke outlines and I don't want them cut off in the printing. Do I need to add an extra border or does the Shutterfly system cope with the pages as they are without losing anything round the edges.
    Thank you so much if you can help me here.
    Bett
    PSE13
    Windows 8.1
    Explorer

I use their templates.

Click here for them.

I'm making a Christmas card right now and they have templates for those also.

Click here for those.

It seems like they make that section hard to find for some reason.
    Last edited by dmrdm; 10-15-2011 at 04:08 AM.
    Doris
    CC 2014, PSE 13, Nikon D90
    Windows 7 (64bit), Laptop Windows 8 (64bit), Internet Explorer

Gallery

Thanks, Doris. I'll have a play with the templates - I hadn't realised they were on the site!
    Bett
    PSE13
    Windows 8.1
    Explorer

4. Default

I have use shutterfly for many books. and the have a full bleed page. I alway try to leave 1/4 in. extra. I have found it hard to get around on Shutterfly, Now Linda say's its going to be harder for digital scrappers. I hate that becouse I love there books. Hope this helps you.
    Jane
    Elements 10
    Windows 7
    internet Explorer

5. Default

I have use shutterfly for many books. and the have a full bleed page. I alway try to leave 1/4 in. extra. I have found it hard to get around on Shutterfly, Now Linda say's its going to be harder for digital scrappers. I hate that becouse I love there books. Hope this helps you. If any one has any other sites that I can check out I would love to hear about them.
    Jane
    Elements 10
    Windows 7
    internet Explorer

6. Default

I think Shutterfly will work on it because if you add some borders on that they will decrease their look; so you should go with Shutterfly.

In the end I took 1/4 inch total off both sides and it worked fine. Also, Shutterfly is really EASY with their new custom path so they have obviously put right all the things people were complaining about last year.
    Bett
    PSE13
    Windows 8.1
    Explorer