Digital Scrapper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

OKAY! Now here's a twist. I can load the shapes in both of these ways:

1. From ACDSee, I can just drag a .csh file right onto the Shapes drop-down box in Tool Options, and the shapes load.

OR

2. From Windows Library, I can press Ctrl while dragging the .csh file to Shapes the drop-down box in Tool Options, and the Shapes load. You have to hold the Ctrl key when dragging from Windows Library or the file is moved, rather than copied.

But I cannot load the shape files like Barb using File>Open. Barb, can you explain this method?
    Lana
    PSE 11, ACDSee Pro 7, Epson Artisan 837
    Win7 Home Premium, 64-bit
    , Firefox, IE 10

Canon 60D, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200

Lana's Gallery
    Classes: 10 Photo Techniques * 20 Type Tutorials * Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE 11 * Get Organized NOW! * Power Scrapbooking * Little Known Secrets of PSE Tools * Help For Heritage Photos * Digi Cards 101 * Creative Inspiration * ABCs of Page Design * Your Story. Brilliant (in progress) * Art of Blending * ClickArtistry-Photo Art Blends * Home Decor & Gifts * Custom Shadow Mastery: Part 1 & Part 2 * Natural Light Photography * The Savvy Stasher * Actions: Fix Photos Fast! *

I didn't know how to load .csh files in either of the ways you use...but I'm going to try that.

In earlier versions of Elements, I went to File>Open and chose the file set. Then, clicking on the chevron on the right side of the frame, I would see the name of the file I had just opened and could chose it.

In PSE 11, after File>Open, I found the shapes were available at the end of the custom shape that was selected. If I keep opening more shape sets, then the view box at the bottom of my windows just shows more and more shapes tacked on the bottom of whatever shape [Default].

This probably doesn't make sense but I don't know any other way to explain. The shapes show up but not the name of the opened file.
    Barbara

Windows 7
    Firefox & sometimes IE 9
    PSE 11;ACDSee PRO
    Classes: Let's Scrap; Easy Page Design;
    Heritage Photos; Ten Terrific Photo Techniques;
    Easy Design Elements
    ; Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE11;
    DigiCard 101; Power Scrapbooking, All Season Snow Globes;
    LKS of Elements Tools, Art of Blending, Custom Shadow Mastery I & II

Yes, Barb, I can see the .csh files in Windows Explorer. Just can see the files in PSE when I click on File>Open. See my post #11 for a strange twist.
    Lana
    , Firefox, IE 10

Lana's Gallery
    Classes: 10 Photo Techniques * 20 Type Tutorials * Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE 11 * Get Organized NOW! * Power Scrapbooking * Little Known Secrets of PSE Tools * Help For Heritage Photos * Digi Cards 101 * Creative Inspiration * ABCs of Page Design * Your Story. Brilliant (in progress) * Art of Blending * ClickArtistry-Photo Art Blends * Home Decor & Gifts * Custom Shadow Mastery: Part 1 & Part 2 * Natural Light Photography * The Savvy Stasher * Actions: Fix Photos Fast! *

After reading this message about loading shapes, I'm thinking maybe we need a viedo on how to do this....huh?
    Dorrie
    PS-CS5, PSE-11, PSE-12
    Windows 7, Wacom Tablet,
    Bridge --- Firefox, Chrome or IE
    My Scrapbooking Endeavors or My Other Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by landorasue View Post
    I am totally baffled. When I click on File>Open, then navigate to where I have my shapes, I can't even SEE the .csh files. How are you doing this? I can see my folders that contain my .csh files, but cannot see the files to select one. I have my "Files of Type" set to All Formats, but still can't see them.
    Mine are just there. Can you view them when you use your explorer or Firefox? Just to make sure they haven't gotten moved, renamed or hidden.
    Doris
    CC 2014, PSE 13, Nikon D90
    Windows 7 (64bit), Laptop Windows 8 (64bit), Internet Explorer

Gallery

Lana,

Do you have the custom shapes tool selected when you do file->open?

And, is the File->Open dialog showing "Show all file types" at the bottom.
    -Trish

PSE 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 and CS5, CS6 on Vista and Windows 7; IMatch for Organizing Photos
    Nikon D50 (dSLR), Nikon 560 (point and shoot)
    My Gallery

Barb, guess what! I had to do an uninstall/reinstall because I was missing the File>File Info module. Once I reinstalled, I could see the .csh files when I did File>Open! So, I must have had other issues besides the File Info issue. I tried to load a .csh file using your method and it worked!!!
    Lana
    , Firefox, IE 10

Lana's Gallery

Yea!!! I am happy. I've been trying and trying to come up with a reason you were having that problem. Just as the initial problem I was having with my custom shapes was solved by shutting down and restarting a couple of times. I think of it as a "Bill Gates Solution". If something doesn't work the way it should, turn it off and turn it on!

Thanks, too, for telling me the other two ways to display custom shapes. I really love this forum.
    Barbara

Windows 7
    Firefox & sometimes IE 9
    PSE 11;ACDSee PRO
    Classes: Let's Scrap; Easy Page Design;
    Heritage Photos; Ten Terrific Photo Techniques;
    Easy Design Elements
    ; Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE11;
    DigiCard 101; Power Scrapbooking, All Season Snow Globes;
    LKS of Elements Tools, Art of Blending, Custom Shadow Mastery I & II

Glad everyone and everything is back in order.
    Doris
    CC 2014, PSE 13, Nikon D90
    Windows 7 (64bit), Laptop Windows 8 (64bit), Internet Explorer

Gallery

I hadn't used this method before, either. I always put the shapes in the Shapes folder inside PSE, but this is easier. I tried it in 10 and 11. The only hangup was that all the .csh files were grayed out at first on my Mac. I had All Readable Files chosen in the Enable menu, and I had to choose All Documents to be able to select them.
    Linda Sattgast, President and Founder
    Adobe's Scrapbooking Expert
    http://www.digitalscrapper.com

I use Photoshop CC on a Mac.
    Browser: Safari
    Camera: Sony Nex-7