Digital Scrapper

Default Adding brushes in PSE 11

In PSE 10 I could go to applications and then to PSE 10 and add the brushes to the brushes preset. This does not work in 11, or it did not seem to work. Now I need to go through the preset while PSE 11 is open? I am delighted that actions are so much easier to add but now the change on brushes.

I'm able to load brushes in 11 fine using the preset manager or "load brushes". I keep all of my brushes in a personal brush folder, so I just load as needed.

Guess I haven't used 10 for a long time now. Guess using brushes didn't seem any different to me. Hopefully someone else will have some thoughts.
    Doris
    CC 2014, PSE 13, Nikon D90
    Windows 7 (64bit), Laptop Windows 8 (64bit), Internet Explorer

Gallery

Here's a tut on installing brushes in PSE:
    Photoshop Elements—Windows: How to Install Brushes

Lana
    PSE 11, ACDSee Pro 7, Epson Artisan 837
    Win7 Home Premium, 64-bit
    , Firefox, IE 10

Canon 60D, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200

Lana's Gallery
    Classes: 10 Photo Techniques * 20 Type Tutorials * Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE 11 * Get Organized NOW! * Power Scrapbooking * Little Known Secrets of PSE Tools * Help For Heritage Photos * Digi Cards 101 * Creative Inspiration * ABCs of Page Design * Your Story. Brilliant (in progress) * Art of Blending * ClickArtistry-Photo Art Blends * Home Decor & Gifts * Custom Shadow Mastery: Part 1 & Part 2 * Natural Light Photography * The Savvy Stasher * Actions: Fix Photos Fast! *

Why install them, when you can simply load them just like you do the actions. When you no longer need the brush loaded simply reset your brushes...Works Great!!!
    Dorrie
    PS-CS5, PSE-11, PSE-12
    Windows 7, Wacom Tablet,
    Bridge --- Firefox, Chrome or IE
    My Scrapbooking Endeavors or My Other Gallery

That's true, Dorrie. I keep all my brushes in a separate folder and just load them as needed.
    Lana
    , Firefox, IE 10

Lana's Gallery
    Classes: 10 Photo Techniques * 20 Type Tutorials * Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE 11 * Get Organized NOW! * Power Scrapbooking * Little Known Secrets of PSE Tools * Help For Heritage Photos * Digi Cards 101 * Creative Inspiration * ABCs of Page Design * Your Story. Brilliant (in progress) * Art of Blending * ClickArtistry-Photo Art Blends * Home Decor & Gifts * Custom Shadow Mastery: Part 1 & Part 2 * Natural Light Photography * The Savvy Stasher * Actions: Fix Photos Fast! *

I agree about loading too many brush sets; it slows down opening Elements...just like too many Effects and/Actions also slow down getting Elements started.

Here is my solution. I made my own brush set and installed it. It includes brushes like: one hard, round brush; one soft brush, one square brush, one airbrush, etc. as well as brushes that I have made of my signature, hallmark and more etc. Since we alter the sizes of brushes as we use them, why do you need six different sizes of the same brush???

When you want a particular brush set, just load it from the folder; how often you use those specialty brushes?
    Barbara

Windows 7
    Firefox & sometimes IE 9
    PSE 11;ACDSee PRO
    Classes: Let's Scrap; Easy Page Design;
    Heritage Photos; Ten Terrific Photo Techniques;
    Easy Design Elements
    ; Learn Digital Scrapbooking PSE11;
    DigiCard 101; Power Scrapbooking, All Season Snow Globes;
    LKS of Elements Tools, Art of Blending, Custom Shadow Mastery I & II

Terrific idea, Barbara! I've often wondered about all those different sizes, too. Maybe they are there in case people don't know, yet, about the L and R bracket keys or scrubbing it. As always, there are several ways to do everything in PS & PSE!!!
    Lana
    , Firefox, IE 10

Lana's Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyBarb View Post
    I agree about loading too many brush sets; it slows down opening Elements...just like too many Effects and/Actions also slow down getting Elements started.

Here is my solution. I made my own brush set and installed it. It includes brushes like: one hard, round brush; one soft brush, one square brush, one airbrush, etc. as well as brushes that I have made of my signature, hallmark and more etc. Since we alter the sizes of brushes as we use them, why do you need six different sizes of the same brush???

When you want a particular brush set, just load it from the folder; how often you use those specialty brushes?
    I agree this is a great idea! Might have to work on it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Firefox
    Sony NEX 5N

Classes: Let's Scrap Class (2010), Easy Page Design 1 & 2, All About You, Get Organized Now, Power Scrapbooking, Art of Blending, plus a few others....
    http://digitalscrapper.com/forums/ga...ername=loretta**************************
    My Gallery