Digital Scrapper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nik software?

Default Nik software?

Does anyone use it? First the gal who cuts my hair recommended it, then the pro I did the photo-shoot recommended it. Just for the big set of filters, it's about $200 (a smaller set for $100, and a full suite in the $600 range). It appears to have some very cool filters & can be plugged into Photoshop and Elements. Do I need to put this on my wish-list?
    Shar
    iPhone (has become my go-to "camera"); Canon Rebel xsi; Canon SX280HS (p&S)
    CS5
    PSE 9 Organizer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Windows 8 on a PC
    Browser: Chrome

Haven't used it, but see it advertised all over and have heard people talk about it. You might just want to download the 15 day trial and see if it's something you like.

I recently downloaded Filter Forge and the Topaz ones. Filter Forge didn't trip my trigger at all, but liked several of the Topaz ones.

Hey, since it's only a 15 day trial....that might mean it's really cool. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.
    Doris
    CC 2014, PSE 12, Nikon D90
    Windows 7 (64bit), Laptop Windows 8 (64bit), Internet Explorer

Gallery

I think I will, Doris....in a couple of weeks when I have less keeping me away from my computer and can devote some experimentation to it. I'm so torn. I know I would love it (sight-unseen), but I also want either a Nook Color or a Kindle Fire. My dime collection might cover one, but not both. We don't exchange birthday or Christmas gifts, so I'm gonna have to wait. DH is very happy that I'm not also a jewelry (read "diamond") nut.
    Shar
    CS5
    PSE 9 Organizer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Windows 8 on a PC

Quote Originally Posted by SharLamb View Post
    I think I will, Doris....in a couple of weeks when I have less keeping me away from my computer and can devote some experimentation to it. I'm so torn. I know I would love it (sight-unseen), but I also want either a Nook Color or a Kindle Fire. My dime collection might cover one, but not both. We don't exchange birthday or Christmas gifts, so I'm gonna have to wait. DH is very happy that I'm not also a jewelry (read "diamond") nut.
    Ah, you're so funny. Do you have any old gold laying around that you could turn in for $ ? I'm not a jewlery person myself, so I took things in a couple of times a few weeks ago when it was high. Got a little over $2,000 for stuff I haven't touched in many years. Of course, half of that was my husbands.
    Doris
    CC 2014, PSE 12, Nikon D90
    Windows 7 (64bit), Laptop Windows 8 (64bit), Internet Explorer

Gallery

Sharron, Nik software is one of the things on my long wish list. Topping my list is winning a major lottery so I can purchase all my wants
    Nikon D60 and Nikon D700
    PSE 12
    Windows 7, Internet Explorer 8

My Gallery

Creative Team
    Digital Scrapper

Nik software... yes, that would be nice! Put it on your list...for sure

Oh, and start a new thread... we want to hear what you learned from Wolfgang!
    Last edited by Jan; 10-02-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    Jan Walker

Jan's Digital Scrapper Gallery

Creative Teams:
    Digital Scrapbook Artisan Guild
    E-Scape and Scrap
    Studio Manu at Scrapbook Graphics

Yeh...I plan to give you the lowdown on my PhotoWalk, but it wore me out so much all I could do was sleep when I got home, and have been busy with other obligations since. I want to work on a few of the pictures, too, and make a LO or two of the results of the walk.
    Shar
    CS5
    PSE 9 Organizer
    Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    Windows 8 on a PC

Sorry Shar, I'm not familiar with Nik software. I went and googled it but couldn't tell if it was for me or not. I have Topaz but I hardly ever use it. Right now I'm kind of interested in some of the actions from 'Pioneer Woman' 'Florabella' 'Coffee Shop' . . . oops, did I get off-topic?
    Barb
    |Video Instructor|Digital Scrapper Creative Team|
    |CC|CS6|PSE 11/12|Lightroom 5|Windows|Google Chrome|
    |My Gallery|My Blog|Google+|Flickr|Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    Sorry Shar, I'm not familiar with Nik software. I went and googled it but couldn't tell if it was for me or not. I have Topaz but I hardly ever use it. Right now I'm kind of interested in some of the actions from 'Pioneer Woman' 'Florabella' 'Coffee Shop' . . . oops, did I get off-topic?
    Barb, I have the Pioneer Woman actions and there's several that I often use. I also have several from Coffee Shop. My favorite from Coffee Shop is Little Perk. I use it quite a bit. So far they have all been freebies. I think you'll like them.
    Firefox
    Sony NEX 5N

Classes: Let's Scrap Class (2010), Easy Page Design 1 & 2, All About You, Get Organized Now, Power Scrapbooking, Art of Blending, plus a few others....
    http://digitalscrapper.com/forums/ga...ername=loretta**************************
    My Gallery

Love my Nik software....Started with Viveza and couldn't live without it. This past summer I was able to buy the complete collection on an academic plan which helped a lot. Great product if you can afford it.
    Karen L
    CS6 Extended
    iMac & MacBook Pro
    LightRoom 5
    Safari
    Bridge
    Brush Pilot